Dear friend, ARE YOU:
Still waiting for your prodigal to return home to Christ?
Still praying through tears year after year?
Still hoping for that miracle?
- • Don’t give up!
- • Don’t stop praying!
God’s timetable is not the same as yours. He is accomplishing His purposes as you wait on Him in prayer. So remember this: As long as there’s life and breath, there’s hope for your beloved’s return! “The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working” – James 5:16 (ESV)
Recently Dan & Karilee were given opportunity to share their testimony as parents who awaited Wendi’s return to Christ for 20 years. Sharing at three services of their church in March, they were part of 5-6 testimonies given at the end of the service to affirm not only God’s existence, but His supernatural work in people’s lives. God, and God alone, brought our prodigal daughter back to Himself in 2000. How we Praise Him!
My studies are coming along well – I have completed 72 of the 98 credit hours needed for my degree.
● My Internship begins in June, ‘11 at Webster House in Muskegon, MI. Webster House’s primary work is done with runaway teens and troubled teens in a four-county radius. After completing a 100 hour practicum, I’ll be putting in 600 intern hours.
I’m so thankful that God has given me this opportunity to work with an agency that will allow me to tailor-fit my experience. I will be working with two populations of teens: 1) pregnant teens (helping them with employment issues); and 2) troubled teens in the four counties served. What is incredible is that these counties are the exact ones I hope to establish my counseling practice in with Wild Child Ministries! I drove away from my internship interview smiling at how ONLY GOD can create such amazing, perfect opportunities! YOUR PRAYERS ARE BEING HEARD. Thank you!
● I’ve been meeting with (and e-mailing) many individuals who struggle with prodigals. Some I meet with are mothers . . . others are the teens themselves. Please continue to pray for me!
● Upcoming speaking opportunities:
Summer, 2011 – coordinating engagements in Michigan – will post on WCM site
September, 2011 – weekend seminar for families of prodigals in northern Wisconsin. I’ll be sharing speaking responsibilities with my father, Dan Hayden.
FUTURE VISION AND PRAYER REQUESTS:
● The reprinting of our book
● We’re seeking God’s direction for a person to organize a core prayer group for individual names that come to WCM and to help develop local prayer outreaches
With all the health issues I’ve experienced in the past year, I’m deeply grateful for the daily strength the Lord gives me as I work toward the completion of my degree while reaching out to individuals and the community. THANK YOU, EACH ONE, FOR YOUR PRAYERS!